[OT] partialy I was wondering what suggestions for programing

Bryan Richard bryan at booknerd.net
Thu Feb 12 00:51:48 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:11:30PM -0600, Leo J Mauler wrote:

[...]

> Coding in Plain English always made the end product easier to code in a
> high-level language, in my experience.  Having all the little steps in
> plain English made it easier to comprehend the source code later, because
> you understood what each function was supposed to do and generally how it
> was supposed to do it.  This made choosing between methods of doing the
> same general thing easier (such as the choice between x++ and ++x, or how
> to handle your conditionals).
>
> So when writing stuff for Linux, code in pseudocode first!

Literate Programming?

"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs:
Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what
to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we
want a computer to do."

Again, Knuth.

Those interested might want to check out Leo; a tool for doing just
that.  http://personalpages.tds.net/~edream/front.html

- Bryan