School using Linux

Bryan Richard bryan at booknerd.net
Wed Feb 11 15:32:51 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:20:10AM -0600, Leo J Mauler wrote:
> I wish I could walk into some local K-12 classroom using Linux and
> observe what they are doing with Linux in the classroom.  I'd like to get
> into this area of Linux administration.
>
> I might even drive as far as St. Louis to see such a classroom, or
> Wichita, KS in the other direction, or even the same distance south (even
> as far as Tulsa, OK).

I can tell you what the kids do with it. My son went to a rather
progressive private school last year and several of us dads were geeks
(one was the co-author of the early O'Reilly "Annoyances" books) and we
tossed a couple of Linux machines in with the Macs and Windows boxen.

They quickly found the games and played FreeCiv. ;-)

- Bryan