School using Linux

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Feb 11 15:07:15 CST 2004

That reminds me, it might be the etherboot guys, but I know I followed a link from the LTSP page
that allowed me to build custom boot floppies for whatever NIC you have in your thin client.  THis
will save you from having to buy or burn eproms.  Hope its not too late.  Somebody I talked to
about a project like this was going to mount the floppy drive so that it was inside the PC case and
the floppy couldn't be removed.  All the PCs he was making into thin clients already had floppy
drives so it wasn't saving him money to leave them off.

Brian Kelsay

Karl Schmidt wrote:
> One of my customers was asking about burning an eprom for a net card
> - I asked him what he was up to and it turns out he is setting
> computers up to boot off the net for an Oregon school system.

Projects facilitating booting from a network device:
http://etherboot.sourceforge.net
http:/netboot.sourceforge.net/english/index.shtml

An article describing how to add either netboot or etherboot to boards with
an AWARD bios:
http://goe.net/anleitungen/award_board.html