OT] partialy I was wondering what suggestions for programi ng [x-adr

Brian D quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 21:20:52 CST 2004

--- Garrett Goebel wrote:
> Hal Dunston wrote:
> >Garrett Goebel wrote:
> >>
> It is a common mistake that C corps, S corp, LLC,
> etc. shield shareholders
> from liability. Unless you dot all your i's, cross
> all your t's, and keep
> all your corporate papers and procedures correctly
> and up to date, a decent
> lawyer has a good chance of penetrating the
> corporate veil and going after
> you directly anyway. And believe me, there is a
> whole lot more accounting
> and legal paper filing that goes along with such
> corporations.
While a lawyer may be able to penetrate the 'corporate
veil' it is definitely much more difficult to go after
personal assets unless you are really negligent. It is
worth the expense to hire an attorney to properly set
up an LLC. A sole proprietorship is very dangerous in
these days of a super-litigous American society. Of
course each person has to choose thier own risk level.