[OT] Mission to the Moon

david nicol whatever at davidnicol.com
Mon Feb 9 03:57:30 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 13:15, DCT Jared wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:53:33 -0600, Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student) wrote:
> >A private company is planning to launch a mission to the moon by October
> >or November:
> >
> >http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=96&ncid=96&e=1&u=/space/
> >20040129/sc_space/flymystufftothemoonprivatemissionslatedforfalllaunch
>
> I think I'm joining the David Nicol wild idea club with this one, but
> it seems to me that KCLUG could put Apache in this little box on the
> moon and serve a website from the moon!

What are the advantages of having a server on the moon over having a server
in an independent orbit?  No I haven't read the article, but it seems that
a proxy cache on the moon -- the single point of access for the Luna intranet --
makes more sense than having the moon serve directly.  We have to call
the computer in charge of the moon "Mike" of course, as in

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0312863551/tipjartransactioA