Java and browsers

Brian D quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 21:28:12 CST 2004

--- Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> On Saturday 07 February 2004 11:08 am, Brian D
> wrote:
>
> > Well, now I have to do other things besides trying
> > install basic functionality on my PC.
>
> You know, having run into the same problem, I have
> to say I've been running
> almost exclusively in Linux for months now, and I've
> never really missed
> having the java compatibility.  So it's far from
> basic functionality.
Well, I've been running Linux at home exclusively for
years, but in order for me to work from home I must
have the java plugin working. I consider that basic
functionality.
Well in my ongoing saga with java it turns out that
the
sablevm java vm doesn't yet have a plugin. So now I
will
uninstall sablevm and download the blackdown java
debian
package and try to install it..