Java and browsers

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 03:51:38 CST 2004

>> HTML.  That's all a real geek needs is HTML.
>>
> "HTML. That's all a real geek needs is HTML."
> Not that I disagree, but I'm curious why you would make this statement
> with so many cool languages (toys to be played with :-) ) around?  It's
> kinda like saying "16 bits is plenty" isn't it?

Also funny considering he rails against HTML email. ;-)
*ducks*

I gotta say though, that in the last few days I've considered completely
removing Flash and Shockwave from all but the kids computers.  I've run
into some wholly obnoxious ads that can't be block or stopped from the
most god-awful blinking.  I thought for a minute someone went crazy w/
the blink tag.  Don't these guys know that that blinking causes some
people to go into seizures?  For me it just gives headaches.