Java and browsers

Shayne Patton linuxh3d at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 23:40:50 CST 2004

Brian Densmore wrote:

>Several response in here:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=java&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensit
ive&version=stable&arch=i386
>>there are 151 pages of java stuff.  If you have the Java SDK,
>>

>Yeah tell me about it!
>

>>it could be in /etc/jdk1.1 or
>>

>Wow, I never thought to look in /etc for java!!!!
>

>>look in /usr/bin/java-vm or
>>

>nope
>

>>/usr/lib/jdk1.1 or
>>

>nope
>

>>/usr/include/mozilla-*/java.
>>

>nope

"grep bin" narrows it down so you don't bring EVREYTHING up, just the
bin, which is typically what you want (you can use the plugin.so thing,
but often I've had just as much luck making a "ln -sf" to the actual
java bin in the Mozilla plugins folder.

Universally,
Shayne