Java and browsers

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Feb 6 22:53:59 CST 2004

<snip>

> I've also tried to upgrade Mozilla, only to have two
> separate, conflicting
> installations on my system.
Mozilla install docs almost always tell you to remove the old
version before installing the new version. Although I'm sure
there are exceptions. One thing about Mozilla is for every rule
there are exceptions and exceptions to the exceptions. ;)

> Frankly, I think Mozilla sucks.  They have lousy code.  Their
I like Mozilla, mostly. It also runs just fine on my office
M$ machine. Not sure what else to use in debian, since I'm not
running a KDE or gnome desktop and I didn't find a deb-pkg
for Opera. I'm sure there is an Opera debian package, somewhere.
But then that's a "commercial" app. So I probably need to jump through
a 1000 hoops to do it. ;)

You submitted bug reports to Mosaic? Dang, that's like prehistoric dude!
I was using dos 3.2, windows 1.01, gwbasic and bbses back then!  ;)