Java and browsers

Shayne Patton linuxh3d at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 20:21:27 CST 2004

Brian Densmore wrote:

>Why is it that konqueror let's you tell it where to find
>java plug-ins and Mozilla is so dumbed down/locked down you can't?
>On top of which it's a pain to make it work right in
>Mozilla. I have Mozilla and konqueror on one PC, and
>only Konqueror can access vnc websites. Yet, Mozilla
>knows where java is and it shows up in the plug-ins.
>What's up with that.
>
>Oh yeah and do any of the debian folks out there know where
>in blazing *#!? debian sticks java when it's installed?
>I can't find it anywhere, but dpkg tells me it's installed
>just fine!?
>
></end of current rant>
>
> Brian
>
>"Three OS's from corporate-kings in their towers of glass,
>Seven from valley-lords where orchards used to grow,
>Nine from dotcoms doomed to die,
>one from the dark lord Gates on his dark throne
>In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie.
>one OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
>one OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,
>In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie."    john thrum

Hello,

I was just wondering, do you use RH9?  Or , are you having trouble w/
Mozilla on several distro's?  The reason I ask is there's a known bug (
i beat my head against a wall off/on for about a week or so b4
realizing) in RH gcc that they know about but wouldn't fix that prevents
Moz running properly with Java.  The problem manifests in a couple
ways.  I do agree about Moz ignoring the opportunity to make pluggin
(java especially) mgmt easier.

Unviversally,
Shayne