Java and browsers

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Feb 6 19:27:51 CST 2004

Why is it that konqueror let's you tell it where to find
java plug-ins and Mozilla is so dumbed down/locked down you can't?
On top of which it's a pain to make it work right in
Mozilla. I have Mozilla and konqueror on one PC, and
only Konqueror can access vnc websites. Yet, Mozilla
knows where java is and it shows up in the plug-ins.
What's up with that.

Oh yeah and do any of the debian folks out there know where
in blazing *#!? debian sticks java when it's installed?
I can't find it anywhere, but dpkg tells me it's installed
just fine!?

</end of current rant>

 Brian

"Three OS's from corporate-kings in their towers of glass,
Seven from valley-lords where orchards used to grow,
Nine from dotcoms doomed to die,
one from the dark lord Gates on his dark throne
In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie.
one OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
one OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie."    john thrum