One more stupid question (No route to host)

jose sanchez j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 17:19:24 CDT 2003

Well, the route is correct:

Destination       Gateway     Genmask        iface
192.168.2.0       0.0.0.0     255.255.255.0  eth0
0.0.0.0           192.168.2.1 0.0.0.0        eth0

I even swapped NICs and that didn't fix the problem
either. There is something very weird going on.

Any other ideas?

--- Duane Attaway <dattaway at dattaway.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, jose sanchez wrote:
>
> > I don't know what happened to one of my debian
> boxes. It was working
> > fine until I had to re-wire the network. Now,
> everytime I try to connect
> > to another box in the same network via ssh I get a
> "No route to host"
> > error. The route is correct. I've changed wires,
> and everything else
> > seems fine. Now, what could be the problem?
>
> Do a "/sbin/route -n" to display the routing table.
> Your target should be
> listed on 1) one of the destination addresses
> limited to its netmask for
> the specified interface or 2) a default route.
>
> "No route to host" means "none of the above" could
> be chosen, because no
> route was defined to get there.  There were no roads
> on the map to get
> there.  The packets did not have a highway to make
> the journey.  No roads
> were paved to get there.
>
> You can make a route manually if you want:
>
> /sbin/route add -host target.host.org eth0
>
> where target.host.org is the ipaddress of where you
> want to go and eth0
> would be the bus it will take.  Now you will have a
> route.  Your new
> highway will now exist, but if there are houses on
> that road to answer
> your knocks are another question.  You might then
> get to your destination
> or get a "destination unreachable" or "connection
> timed out" error...
>
> --
> Programming C shells by the sea shore since 1994.
> http://dattaway.org
>

> majordomo at kclug.org
> Enter without the quotes in body of message

=====
"An ounce of gold cannot buy an ounce of time."
- Anonymous

www.whmicro.com