Horde Speed question?

jcho at jcho.net jcho at jcho.net
Sun Apr 27 04:22:54 CDT 2003

Hello,

Could anyone advise me why the email server Horde based on Sendmail is so slow?
Should I configure anything in terms of Horde configuration file?

My email server works fine except speed.

I have tested this on  Horde webmail base ( on Web Browser) on the top of the
sendmail.

First I sent email to yahoo.com on the horde web mail, and click the button on
labtop,
and then I connect to email server thru SSH on  the windows box ( xp pro, Dell
Laptop Inspiron 2650, 2GHz CPU speed, 256MB RAM),
and open PINE client application, and sent  to the  same yahoo.com with the
same user.

What about email server?
well, it is 2.0 GHz CPU speed, and 384MB RAM on Redhat 8.0.

I completed sending to yahoo.com on the PINE, but I still see that horde is
trying to complete the process.

When I tried on yahoo.com using yahoo account, it is really quick to send.

What about on the email server?
well, it is same, it is slow to send using Horde,
but using PINE is quick.

What's the problem on Horde/IMP?

Is it supposed to be or my system has a problem?

Any advice??

Thanks!

Joe Cho
jcho at jcho.net