Invalid system disk

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Apr 25 15:36:32 CDT 2003

Quoting James Sissel <James.Sissel at labone.com>:

> First, make sure your CMOS is setup to boot from the hard drive first (or
> make sure you don't have any CDs or floppy disks in the drives).

> Second, check to see if your PC is detecting your hard drive.  If it is a
> newer PC and the drive is setup to autodetect then just after the memory
> count it should tell you what drives it found.

Also make sure the CMOS is showing it as the primary master.

If the CMOS is not autodetecting the configuration with a pretty close match
to what's labeled on the drive, you might get once chance at access if you
manually enter the correct configuration.  I wouldn't count on getting the
drive to mount twice with that tactic.