WINE & RH9

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Thu Apr 24 20:05:40 CDT 2003

Rusty Brown wrote:

> I tried running it from a GUI terminal, and got display errors (like
> unable to connect to display 0.0 or something) so I killed off X and
> went to a text login...still got an error "x11drv:Can't open display:".

This error is not specific to Wine. It's telling you that the X server
is not running on display 0.0 OR it's denying connections. X is a
multi-head / network GUI. Each instance of X get's a set of number to
identify it. By default, X starts the first display at 0.0. If it's not
there, you'll have to look up some RedHat specific stuff.

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.