Volume Control Applet

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Apr 23 01:24:58 CDT 2003

Quoting everythingPC <contact at everythingpc.net>:

> Is any one that's running Mandrake 9.1 having the same problem I am with
> the sound being muted by default on bootup. You have to open kmix and
> just slightly move the slider and then it kicks in. This problem did not
> exist with 9.0
> Anybody know how to fix that?

If you leave the volume up a bit then log out and back in, you're using your
seession settings?

I haven't seen any option to save or not save sessions, mine seem to be saving
by default.

However:  I have found that if I try to add the KMix applet, I get a docked
applet that takes up about six inches of screen, with sliders for every
possible audio channel.  On the other hand, if I launch KMix then close it, I
get the little speaker thign with the single slider.  Have to re-do it for the
next session (so far).