Volume Control Applet

Steven Elling ellings at kcnet.com
Tue Apr 22 17:03:56 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 11:15, everythingPC wrote:
> Is any one that's running Mandrake 9.1 having the same problem I am with
> the sound being muted by default on bootup. You have to open kmix and
> just slightly move the slider and then it kicks in. This problem did not
> exist with 9.0
> Anybody know how to fix that?

Open KMix and adjust your setting the way you want them. Goto the File menu
and select "Save Current Volumes as default."

In the Control Center under "Sound & Multimedia" -> "Sound System" -> "Mixer"
Tab, you can save your volume levels as well.  While in there you might want
to make sure "Load volumes on login" is checked.