Volume Control Applet

Rich Edelman redelman at speedscript.com
Tue Apr 22 14:54:24 CDT 2003

KDE ships with KMix, which can dock into your panel, and also with a Kmix
Applet, which supports key bindings and is what I use. (not that it matters
much what I use, but I like it. :)

In case you dont' know how to add an applet to your kde panel, just right
click on the panel, select add, applet, and then find and left click on "KMix
Applet." It'll bring up volume controls for everything, and you can hide the
ones you don't want. I just show the main volume and have all my keys bound
to that. However, you can bind keys to different volume controls, which may
be handy.

Rich