snagging a domain name

Matt Luettgen matt at tccassociates.net
Fri Apr 11 23:10:02 CDT 2003

I wanted to snag www.matt.com after the owner of the domain was busted for giving access to pr0n
sites from his home page.  Shortly after the bust he put up a new page offering to sell the domain.
 He wanted a meager $25,000.... what kinda crap is that? $25000 for a domain?  I guess someone
didnt mind the price, either that or his stake to the domain expired and he didnt reclaim it.

> Sadly to say - I don't think there is...is there? I mean, I have been wanting to get MY hands on
a certain domain as well, and the person who sits on it has had it for three years now, claiming to
want to 'set it up for a family business'. A while back, at least you got to a domain parking
space, but now you get a 'Host not found'. I don't think there's anything you can do, and of COURSE
there will be people out there holding on to their domains, just BECAUSE they know someone else
wants them.

<snip>