Linux and SBC DSL

Rob Becker rob at opensourceguy.com
Thu Apr 10 17:01:54 CDT 2003

You'll most likely be getting an IP from Bell via PPPOE.  You can use
the roaring penguin PPPOE tools to accomplish this, but you may have to
use a Windows box to initially set up your password for the PPPOE
authentication.  From there, it's a matter of dumping the username and
password into the appropriate files and you should at least have a
connection to your box.  You'll have to check the docs on that pppoe
software for the appropriate files to edit.  I don't know what they are
(I use a floppy based firewall in a 486 and I'm pretty sure it's config
files are unique to the firewall distro).  Good luck with it.
Rob