Firewall logs

Parker, Ron rdparker at butlermfg.com
Thu Apr 10 15:54:29 CDT 2003

I'm not saying its related to what you are seeing in your logs but FWIW I
and some of my coworkers have had nothing but trouble with our netgear
switches.  It wouldn't surprise me if they have trouble with their routers
too.

Here the scenario is VPN into work from RoadRunner and connect to your
machine using NetMeeting or VNC and watch the machine at work that is
connected to the switch start to loose connectivity when you start beating
on it.  It shows up remotely as a dropped VNC connection with an inability
to reconnect after that or as a dropped connection in NetMeeting but you can
get back in after a few minutes.  In Win2K this shows up as a notification
in the system tray that the network card is no longer connecting to the
network.

Since we switched switches the problem has disappeared.  I would be wary on
netgear devices.