RH8.2RC1 Font Madness

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Apr 4 22:42:26 CST 2003

I think I have a guess where these font problems are coming from.  I
tried to write something in Open Office, and the screen display was
huge, just like Konqueror.  When I finally got something together in
kword and tried to print it, it was microscopic, 2/3 page was about 1/4"
high.  Kwrite just gave me a single line across the bottom of the page.

Messing around, looking for the non-existant font installer, I found a
video configuration thing that let me set the dots-per-inch by comparing
resolution to actual screen measurements.  I think that's what triggered
the font weirdness this time.  Or not.

I did manage to get the two critical Mandrake ISO's downloaded, and
scrounged my last two blank CD's to burn 'em on.  I must say that with
the exception of package updates, I do like the Mandrake interface
better.