Blame it all on the firewall!

Kevin Hodle kevinh at aos5.com
Fri Apr 4 16:28:43 CST 2003

Your ISP is most likely filtering those ports for its entire customer IP
pool, if they were not, then they would appear closed like your other
50,000 ports.  This is a common practice, try scanning any of the dorm
subnets at K-state and you will see the same thing.

Kevin Hodle
CCNA, Network+, A+
Alexander Open Systems
Network Operations Center