Everest Residential Service

James Sissel James.Sissel at labone.com
Fri Apr 4 15:02:49 CST 2003

I have SBC DSL in Raytown, MO.  SBC was having server problems when I
finally got the modem so I couldn't activate it for 2 days.  Other than
that, no problems.  It is a 2Wire external DSL modem/firewall/router.  I'm
not quite sure how many PCs you can plug in at once (I only have 4).  Of
course it assigns IP addresses and even lets you select the range (10. 172.
or 192.)  I does have a provision to bypass all that stuff and just be a
modem to one PC.  I haven't tried that yet.  One big problem I can see is it
seems to be very comfortable with Micro$oft and doesn't know anything about
Linux.