What a bunch of crap!

admin at kclinux.net admin at kclinux.net
Thu Apr 3 18:43:04 CST 2003

Ahh, I hear a complaint about SnapNames and someone not getting the domain
at least once a week.  There's domain resellers that also use scripts the
same way, and once it's detected, they have a script to register the domain
to themselves, approve the domain purchase, and register it with the
registrar all within a minute.  I forgot how often SnapNames did a whois
with the root servers, but I know people lowered theirs to every 5
seconds.

Getting expiring good domain names is like the Alaskan Gold rush. Everyone
could try, but only a handful have success.

Also you have to beat the companies that buy domains just to resell them.
They use the same concept.

I feel for you.  I've used SnapName 5 times, and only 3 of those times they
got the domain for me.