various items and questions

Steven Elling ellings at kcnet.com
Thu Apr 3 17:11:22 CST 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 07:21, ghldbrd wrote:
> 1.  Netscape tends to loose its way or hang after just a few webpages are
> downloaded.  If the program shuts down, I can't restart it, and have to
> go to Konquerer or Mozilla.  Now if I log out back to kwm startup, and
> re-start K Desktop, things reset and I can use Netscape (6.?) again.  Is
> this a Netscape, KDE2, or SuSE thing?  Not expecting a definitive answer,
> just comments and observations.

I've noticed when netscape is started it starts a couple of processes called
'(dns helper)'.  After a while, these dns helper processes hang and take
netscape with them but continue to sit in the process table even after
netscape is closed.  And, if I start netscape back up with these hung dns
helpers, it refuses to work.  You may be having the same problem.