Suggestions on database-driven websites

Chris Wagner ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Thu Apr 3 15:34:05 CST 2003

I was wondering if you all could make a suggestion or point me to a
reference to help me out here.

I realize that mySQL site probably has some information, but I wasn't
sure if it had some this simple.

I have installed mySQL on a Win2K box (yeah, I know - yuck) and the
default install seemed to install it as a "password-less" version.

I'm having difficulty setting up the database via MyODBC and getting
the DSN to work right.

Is there a good reference you all use for any of this from the Linux
platform that I might look at to modify for use on this box?

I know very little about ODBC other than the fact that setting up a
DSN will allow other 'puters to grab data from it.

Any suggestions on where I can find some good documentation?

Thanks,

Chris