OT: Stellar tech to ignite big-bang project

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Wed Apr 2 20:52:03 CST 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Jeremy Fowler wrote:

> Anyone else see the problem of recreating the Big Bang?
>
> "Grey said scientists are pretty sure the collider will produce the conditions
> they need to create the particles, if they exist at all."
>
> Um... it's a BIG BANG dude. Like create-the-universe kinda bang. Like
> blow-us-the-f*ck-up kinda big bang... Well, I'm sure they're much smarter than
> me, so I'll assume they know what their doing.
>
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-995004.html

I remember listening to a guest on Art Bell a few years back discussing "Super
Nova from the Super Collider." The guest was suggesting that the Fermilabs
Super Collider (I believe it's outside Chicago) would be large and powerfull
enough to actually create a super nova, everything within 250K miles would be
instantly vaporized.

At least it would be quick and painless.

Of course, this was the Art Bell show, but the guy had impressive credentials
like a Doctorate in Physics from some made up university somewhere.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

The evolution of the human race will not be accomplished in the ten thousand
years of tame animals, but in the million years of wild animals, because man
is and will always be a wild animal.
-- Charles Galton Darwin