Web hosting again

Jason Clinton jasonclinton at kcpipeband.org
Wed Apr 2 19:31:12 CST 2003

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> Yet again we ask the collective eyeballs of the list about hosting.
>
> A client wants a web page of ~1G with a potential to expand to ~4G with PHP
> and MySQL support AND: Must have a GUI accoutn manager like cpanel
> (www.cpanel.net).
>
> What I've found so far is that the services that use cpanel are multi-host
> servers with limits around 500M per site, while 1-5G would be a virtual or
> dedicated server with no cpanel.
>
> (cpanel looks pretty cool, and like yet another way to put good techs back to
> work - at Burger King.)

I've been using LiquidWeb for these types of jobbies.
http://www.liquidweb.com (ignore the annoying flash splash screen, they
really are a good company)

It's very inexpensive and it has cpanel. You also get unlimited
IMAP/POP/SMTP accounts, mailing lists, forwarders, lots of scripting
support (lots of CPAN Perl modules are installed and PHP). It also has
Frontpage, statistics gathering, FTP, WebDAV, and more.

I've had really good experiences with them although sometimes their FTP
and IMAP response times are lacking.

They also allow you to do pretty much anything that's possible with
.htaccess files.

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.