Web hosting again

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Apr 2 18:27:50 CST 2003

Yet again we ask the collective eyeballs of the list about hosting.

A client wants a web page of ~1G with a potential to expand to ~4G with PHP
and MySQL support AND: Must have a GUI accoutn manager like cpanel
(www.cpanel.net).

What I've found so far is that the services that use cpanel are multi-host
servers with limits around 500M per site, while 1-5G would be a virtual or
dedicated server with no cpanel.

(cpanel looks pretty cool, and like yet another way to put good techs back to
work - at Burger King.)