Help? Please?

Julie betelgeuse67stang at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 17:18:33 CDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Is there any way I can get some help from someone in the group to help/guide me in getting my new rig together? I would be so very thankful!!!

I've _finally_ been able to buy the components for my brand new desktop computer.While I've messed around inside already built units a tiny bit in the past, I've never built a computer from scratch before. Because of that I'm a bit ... ...uhgm... ...a whole lot intimidated by the process. I do _NOT_ want to take _ANY_ chances on frying and/or blowing anything up!

If it is possible that someone in the group can help me out with this, I can bring everything needed to the nextmeeting or to IHOP (which is closer to where I live).But, all I have in the way of a monitor are those great big and heavy CRTs. I would definitely need help getting that from my vehicle to where the build would take place and back if we have time for dealing with software.

Which brings up another question that I have: When is the next meeting? I looked at the site and it shows that there are 3 weeks between this past week's meeting on Apr 15 and the next meeting on May 7. Is that correct or just a typo?

Anyway, for OSes to be installed on my new rig, I did extremely begrudgingly buy Windows 7 to dual boot with PCLinuxOS. In addition to needing help with getting all the hardware components together into one unit, I also need help partitioning the 64 Gb solid state master hard drive so that the two OSes can reside on it. I have a 1 TB SATA hard drive to be the slave for my files to reside on. This way I can work with all of my files from both OSes while I learn how to handle Linux enough so that I won't have to worry about having to buy Windows again when 7 reaches the point where XP is now.

Again, any and all help that anyone may possibly be able give me with my 'project' will be extremely appreciated!

Sincerely,
Julie
(Long lost fellow[ette] LUGette)