Windows RAID backup via System Rescue CD, et al

Stephen Spencer gladiatr72 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:51:23 CST 2013

Mostly correct.  Linux has extensive support for various types of hardware
RAID devices.  This device will most likely be one of those supported
devices, so that being the case, you'll be able to recover your data
without issue.  I have no experience with MS virtualization, but I imagine
they use file-backed devices.  If you can recover those files, there is
probably a utility somewhere that will convert them to VMDK or some other
useful format for loading with VirtualBox or KVM.  If they are
device-backed (think LVM-backed volumes), you'll need to first identify
which partition is used by which guest and dd the image.

-S

--
You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I
things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I