Windows RAID backup via System Rescue CD, et al

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 08:45:31 CST 2013

I have a problem. A Windows server had a hardware failure on a controller.
We are currently building an identical server to replace it (not my decision).
A certain part of the system doesn't have a current backup (namely my code, plus other things).

(I have backups of my code, but there are things important to my code that weren't backed up at the time of the crash.)

The server uses a RAID configuration. I don't have the details, not my department, this is a client's machine.
I can get them if it helps in giving an answer.

We believe the drives are fine. (Although I have my doubts as to the integrity of the data.)

I've use Trinity Rescue kit to salvage NTFS drives and partitions without problem.

Can System Rescue CD or any of the Linux rescue distros back up a Windows RAID configuration of drives?

My assumption is as long as you define the RAID configuration correctly it should be just like any other backup in Linux?

Thanks,
Jack D