Monitor Needed

Michael Needham jmikeneedham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:29:01 CST 2012

Hi guys and thanks Jon for the response.  I have the Mac to VGA adapter, in
fact I have 3 of them and my current 2 monitors do not sync up right to the
mac but work fine on my old PC which is a Pentium 120 with SIS VGA card.
One monitor will do 640 x 480 which is supposedly the resolution on the Mac
IIci -- however,  IIRC there is a sync on green signal which the monitor
must support for the Mac and neither of my two do this.

So I have the dongle, but need the multisync monitor, or two like I
mentioned :-)  Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Mike

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Jon Pruente <jdpruente at gmail.com> wrote:

> From my old hardware days I know that the IIci could do (s)vga. You need a
> Mac 15-pin to VGA adapter dongle but it will work. There were many models
> of Multisync that would work, though.
> On Jan 27, 2012 3:51 PM, "Michael Needham" <jmikeneedham at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Greetings All:
>>
>> I am seeking an older NEC Multisync or Sony Multisync monitor, 15 inch
>> preferred that needs a good home.  This is for one of my old systems that I
>> am keeping going!  If I can find two of these, that would even be better.
>>
>> The exact NEC model that I would like to find is XE15.  Not sure what the
>> Sony counterpart is... the jist is that they must be multisync because the
>> machine is an old Macintosh IIci.
>>
>> Please let me know if you can help and I will be glad to come pick up the
>> monitor or monitors.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> 73,