Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Precise Pangolin, full release available today

D. J. Chandler djc.mission at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 13:04:35 CDT 2012

Just got the distribution upgrade notice in Update Manager today. All
download files are available now. I usually download one of the
installation CDs or DVDs instead of upgrading online.

I use this mirror:
http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/ubuntu-iso/CDs-Ubuntu/precise/
(Argonne National Laboratory, Chicago, IL)

I managed to get the whole 64-bit trial version CD before I could finish
pulling together this announcement, getting about 90% my full
capability, up to 1.3 MB/sec over 12 mb/sec vdsl.

Don't forget to use bit torrent if your subscription's monthly data
quota isn't capped. i.e., AT&T Uverse and AT&T DSL.

Download also available , probably really slow for now (if a connection
can even be made), at:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/

Main web site provides download links to many more download options
http://www.ubuntu.com/