Is there a free service that would make this work?

Brian Kelsay ripcrd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 08:41:23 CDT 2011

http://www.gearxs.com/gearxs/product_info.php?products_id=14618    $20  VoIP
phone

I thought about getting one of these.  I don't need it, but I thought it
would be cool to mess with.
Does anyone know of a free service that would route one or two VoIP phones?

I imagine it would work with Skype, but is there a way to get it to work
with Google Voice and get an outside number?
Would you have to set up an Asterisk server?

Item uses H.323 protocol

   - Works with Gatekeepers and Gateways
   - Enable P2P (Peer-to-peer) connections without Gatekeepers and Gateways

   - *Dialing Method:*
   - Phone to phone
   - Address translated via H.323 Gatekeeper

It's been a while since I thought about VoIP, and all I could remember was
the Asterisk (Asterix) server as a possiblity.

Brian