YouTube & Hardware

Joe Holloway jholloway7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 19:30:10 CDT 2011

For what it's worth, you can opt-in to an HTML5 beta version of
YouTube (I assume it's using WebM encoding) if your browser supports
the technology.

http://www.youtube.com/html5

>From my limited playing around with it, the performance isn't much
better (if any) on my PC than the 64-bit Flash player.  I'm guessing
it's more my inability to figure out how to get decent graphics
drivers configured (if they even exist) more so than the technology
itself.