Google Wave Invites

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 04:41:37 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:12, Billy Crook <billycrook at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a few to give out.  Speak up if you want one.

And they're gone.  For those who are not aware already, the invite
system works by "nominating" people, not directly inviting them.  I'm
not sure if it is publicly known what happens between nomination and
you actually getting the invite or why they have that step at all.  It
was a day or two between when I was nominated and when I got my
invite.  I don't know if they rate-limit or bump up people that get
nominated multiple times.

When you get your invite, it will look like the forwarded message
below.  The signup is pretty straight forward.

After you've had your account for some period of time, or sent some
number of blips (the wave equivalent of an IM, or EMail, or /msg), a
new wave will show up in your inbox, with the subject "Invite others
to Google Wave", with a widget that allows you to do just that.  Check
this thread for people wanting wave invites after 2009-10-27 04:00
Central, to pick up where I left off.

Have fun!