LAMP?

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 23:15:57 CDT 2009

Why Not? Java is a solid platform. Quite powerful, and with a large number of developers. Although PHP and Perl are cheaper. Ruby would be another good choice. My problem with PHP is it has become so huge in terms of add-ons that reading the code of a decent project is daunting. A thousand includes, calls to third party tools. Where doe it all end? Now, Java is probably likewise complex. It's becomes so one can't really grab some application that does everything you want and more, and then strip it down to customize for your simpler needs. At least not easily, and there is no roadmap to guide you. So, it's more a matter of pick your poison anymore. Sure we have the source code now, and don't get me wrong - it's a good thing, but really go on and try to fix that bug in 80,000,000 lines of code yourself! What's great for the many, may be a FREAKING NIGHTMARE to the One.