Linux Admin Job

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:35:21 CDT 2009

I applied to that job two months ago and had an initial phone interview, but
no follow up and no response.  I've seen that a lot recently, with the
market being the way it is I think a lot of companies are holding out for
Supergeek.  I don't know how many straight sysadmin gigs I've seen where
they don't care about a sysadmin certification - they seemingly care more
about a non-sysadmin cert like a OCP or CCNA.

It's really odd that a bona fide Linux certification (like my RHCE) didn't
seem to mean much to them.  Lame.

Jeffrey.

P.S.  For those that are familiar, this is the Glacier-Tech job that's been
going around.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that