IPTABLES Questions: CISCO-style routing?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 20:26:02 CDT 2009

2009/3/23 Joe Brouhard <jbrouhard at gmail.com>:
> Just a general question.
>
> I know I can build IPTABLES to do security, firealling, stateful packet
> inspection... but I've had this nagging question:  Can it do routing (IP
> routing) the same way CISCO IOS can ?
>
> I'm looking for an easier-on-the-budget solution to some of my business'
> routing issues.
>
> Thanks in advance.

There's a separate packing to do routing at that level.

Name       : iproute
Arch       : i386
Version    : 2.6.27
Release    : 1.fc9
Size       : 2.1 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : Advanced IP routing and network device configuration tools
URL        : http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/Iproute2
License    : GPLv2+
rtmon, for
           : example) which are designed to use the advanced networking
           : capabilities of the Linux 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernel

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )