Reiser FS or ext3?

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:38:11 CDT 2008

I don't know about XFS-on-Linux, but I've used XFS on IRIX for ten years now
and I've probably had a hundred unclean shutdowns.  I've only once had data
corruption, and that was recently when there was some kind of dirty power
event that threw five disks and two controllers in my array.

Even then a simple xfs-repair fixed that problem.  While my example is
certainly anecdotal, folks may want to consider my assertion that XFS is
certainly not fragile, at least not on IRIX.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that