Flash alternatives

Nathan Cerny ncerny at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 14:53:10 CDT 2008

I think you need to define what you mean by HTML.
http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/html/tagpages/b/blink.htm

It has in fact been supported by Netscape, it was supported in IE4 (and I
believe phased out after that).  It is part of the css1 standard
(text-decoration: blink).  It has never been part of the HTML standard;
however, as part of the CSS2.1 standard it is required to be recognized by
browsers - they have the option of whether or not they should actually blink
the text, but they must display the text and apply css modifiers to it.

So it IS a part of a web-standard.  And by the definition of the acronymn,
it is valid HTML.  It never was a widely accepted/supported tag, and it is
not defined in the w3 HTML standard.  But it is valid XML/valid HTML =)

--
Nathan Cerny

One bright day, in the middle of the night, two dead boys stood up to fight.
Back to back, they faced each other. Drew their swords, and shot each other.
The deaf policeman heard the sound, and put those boys back in the ground.
If you don't believe this lie is true, ask Harry the blind man, he saw it,
too.