Flash alternatives

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 13:34:04 CDT 2008

I am inviting comments OFF list if you do not agree my comments are valid here.

Flash is implying that you need that level of ADD/ADHD
blinky/shiny/strobing attributes.
While leaving a distinct unvoiced projection that web content NOT so
"busy" is less desirable.  And that alone would be potential grounds
to shun Flash on general principle. Were it not for the sad truth that
our world HAS become closer to a "Crack Baby" level of stimulation
impairments. A combination of attention span between events at a
historical low and expectations of video game response times from
websites. Click and the picotimer is running. Fail to serve up events
and you lose that person.

Which makes for Zeno races between soft/hardware and the broadband
providers. What we used to access was thru 300 baud modems and even
that buffered to a Usenet spool HD. And we had a vast number of
intelligent discussion forums. Yes- there WAS a lot of crap infesting
odd sub domains like Alt. and Soc. and some Rec.

But there was also a basic IQ test to participate. Flash etc is the
polar opposing experience so to speak. Flat text Vs Animated embedded
video. And while flat text is open to non sighted folks or semi-AI
readers- Flash is a seeming deliberate disenfranchisement