Which CD to burn enmasse for ITEC? (was Re: Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 5 now available)

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 10:15:58 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes, but the Alternative Install CD only has a text-based installer.
>  Sometimes you just wanted the GUI, but Ubuntu (until now) made you load the
> LiveCD just to get to the GUI installer.  Now regular Ubuntu lets you have
> the GUI installer while avoiding the RAM-consuming LiveCD boot, and thats
> just perfect.

And the Ubuntu CD also has a fourth option:  If you insert it into a running
Windows machine, it will let you install to the HD without repartitioning,
which is slower than a normal HD install, but faster than the Live CD.

They took out the Windows versions of Open Source apps, though.  We can just
point people to sites where they can DL those.