Which CD to burn enmasse for ITEC? (was Re: Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 5 now available)

Nathan Cerny ncerny at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:33:50 CDT 2008

Hey, if they're using linux, I'm happy.  Even if they ARE using the wrong
distro...and as long as they're not using red hat enterprise!  *grumbles
something about work using RHEL4*

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Monty J. Harder <mjharder at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Personally I say hand them Linux and tell them Project Gutenberg's URL.
>>  As anyone who has been on the KCLUG list for any length of time can tell
>> you, the wide variety of opinions on KCLUG would make a discussion of which
>> Gutenberg books to put on a LiveCD into something akin to a religious war.
>>

> Exactly.  Let them get Linux installed, and subscribe to the list first.
> THEN have the religious wars.  (You know: EMACS vs. vi, GNOME vs. KDE , .rpm
> vs. .deb vs. .tar.gz vs....)

Nathan Cerny

One bright day, in the middle of the night, two dead boys stood up to fight.
Back to back, they faced each other. Drew their swords, and shot each other.
The deaf policeman heard the sound, and put those boys back in the ground.
If you don't believe this lie is true, ask Harry the blind man, he saw it,
too.