Which CD to burn enmasse for ITEC? (was Re: Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 5 now available)

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 09:25:30 CDT 2008

--- On Sat, 9/6/08, Nathan Cerny <ncerny at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree that we should have a bunch of CDs of the same
> distro on hand with the ability to give out others if
> people are interested.  I need a reminder - does the
> ubuntu image have a liveCD on it?  If so definately go
> with ubuntu.

Ubuntu comes with a LiveCD.  Prior to v8.04, Ubuntu even required that you boot into the LiveCD before you could install Ubuntu on your system.

One of the things I really liked about Ubuntu 8.04 LTS was that the opening plaintext menu now includes an option to skip the LiveCD boot and go straight to an install.