Which CD to burn enmasse for ITEC? (was Re: Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 5 now available)

Sean Crago cragos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:57:03 CDT 2008

>From: "Kendric Beachey" <kendric.beachey at gmail.com>
>Having a machine or two on site to burn more is also a good idea, although
>I'd say if it looks like the pre-burned stash is going quickly, just start
>burning those babies non-stop rather than waiting for someone to ask.  Then
>hopefully you can just stay ahead of demand and there'll always be some
>ready to go right away.

I can't help much, but I'd suggest having ISOs on hand for multiple
distros, if you go this route. You could burn-on-demand with Ubuntu
8.10, Knoppix, Mythbuntu and/or the Knoppix equivelant, Fedora, Mint,
CentOS, the UBCD (ships with a couple of mini-distos), DSL, DragonFly
BSD, and FreeBSD. All told it wouldn't take but 5-8gigs of space. Post
a list of what's available and two or three sentences about each. If
you're better able to hit the user with niche distros, and appeal to a
few more than you would otherwise (I'm sure not many, but some, and
you get more face time while the disc is getting thrown together).

Also of interest: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=880
If you can roll Damned Small Linux and the troubleshooting tools from
the UBCD into a single ISO, it would make quite the tool. Something of
value even to seasoned Linux users.

Just an idea,
Sean Crago
Kathmandu