Google Chrome

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 09:47:58 CDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Monty J. Harder <mjharder at gmail.com> wrote:

> You're talking about a complete re-factoring of how browsers work.  That's
> not to say that it's a bad idea, just that it's a non-trivial effort, which
> might make things much slower

I realize you're being polite, but I will say that it's a bad idea.  I
don't mind if the browser has some window that tells me which PID is
looking at which page, but I don't want what I'm looking at to show up
in a ps(1) listing.  While I'm sure that the "average case" is a
single user machine sitting on someone's desk as their workstation,
that's not the case for everyone.  People in computer labs, offices,
and even at home can and do have multiple accounts on their machines
that can be accessed by others at any time.  I don't think they'd be
appreciative of their browser coughing up what they're viewing with a
simple ps(1).

--
Chris