DRM and the PRO-IP Act - Limited time opportunity?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 02:42:02 CDT 2008

--- On Sun, 10/26/08, Jon Pruente <jdpruente at gmail.com> wrote:

> I forgot to add that Apple also allows one to burn an
> audio CD of purchased content, which can then be
> re-imported as a DRM-free file.  It's a simple loophole,
> and it makes decent use of the fair-use backups
> provision.

<SARCASM>And there's no loss of quality whatsoever when you convert a music file from one format to another, and all of the music file tags (title, artist, album, etc.) are kept intact by converting the files to audio CD and then ripping the CD.  No time consuming tag editing on each and every purchased music file!</SARCASM>

If you don't have to convert the file at all to get a non-DRM format, the quality remains unchanged and the music file tags remain unchanged.